lunes, 10 de diciembre de 2018

Halloween Idioms

1-) That new guy in IT is a bit of a weirdo, he gives me the creeps.


2-) It turns out that the squeaky clean senator actually has a few skeletons in her closet. 



A hidden and shocking secret.

3-) I get so angry when I see people being cruel to animals, it makes my blood boil.


To cause one to feel extremely angry

4-) If Mozart knew his music was being used for car advert, he would turn in his grave.

To show enormous disfavor for something that has happened after one's death.

5-) Are you ok there Dave? You look like you have seen a ghost.


To look terrified, shocked, or pale from fright.

6-) This place has been like a ghost town since the students went home for the summer.


A town permanently abandoned by its inhabitants, as because of a business decline or because a nearby mine hasbeen worked out.

7-) I jumped out of my skin when I saw my neighbor’s face at the window.

 To react strongly to shock or surprise.

8-) Speak of the devil, we were just talking about your performance last night.


Talk about a certain person, and that person appears

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario